- Moisturizing (shea butter and/or Shea Moisture leave in conditioner) and sealing (mix of olive, jojoba, coconut, and castor oils) once a week.
- Wearing protective styles (flat twist, 2 strand twist, or a combination for an updo) 4-5 days of the week. (When my hair is in protective styles, I oil with my mix every 1-2 days)
- Washing with shampoo (shea moisture) once a month.
- Co-washing (Shea Moisture) every 1 1/2 weeks-2 weeks.
- Deep Conditioning every 2 weeks
I do this at night for 2-3 days. I take the twists down in the morning and get a look similar to the initial picture. My hair stretches more each day. This is my normal stretching routine.