Thursday, May 3, 2012

Protective Style Challenge!


I had already came to the conclusion that if I want my hair to grow and retain length at a pace I was comfortable with, I would have to do more protective styles. I've been wearing my hair out excessively lately and it is stunting my growth.

One day I protected the front of my hair by twisting it, but left the rest out. After getting home and taking down the style before bed, I could see a huge difference in the way the protected hair was stretched and moisturized and the unprotected hair wasn't. 

That was the indicator that I needed to put myself on a strict protective style diet. I am doing to protect my ends at least 5 days a week for a year. Until May 3, 2013, I will only be wearing my hair out 2 days a week. This means I'll be doing research for styles and creating some in the process.

The first is today:


I'm all for quick styles! Two flat twist that you can dress up or down. Takes about 5 minutes!

I will be posting other protective style ideas. 

Look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment