Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chunky Twist Out


I've gotten many questions on how I achieved this look.  I think it is an appropriate time to do a post about it. It's very simple and doesn't take too much time!

Step 1: I started with DRY, stretched hair.
This is what it looked like the day before:



Step 2: I sectioned my hair into about 20 sections, 10 on each side. I then added a little bit of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to each section, focusing on the ends. I followed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and two strand twisted each part.


Step 3: I let my hair sit for about 30-40 minutes and took the twists out. I think the key with this style is not letting your hair sit too long! Plus, it's super humid where I live so when I go outside my hair swells!

Finished product: 



1 comment:

  1. HI. I live in georgia, its super humid, I have done the exact same style, but 2 hours later it turns into a undefined afro.

    ReplyDelete