Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easy Two-Strand Twist Styles.

Two-strand twists are my go-to protective style. They are easy to maintain and they last for at least a week. But if you're like me, you don't like to wear your two-strand twists down. My hair isn't long enough to wear them how I want to. Here's a few ways I style mine.


 High Bun.
This is a style I've had a few questions about. Here's what I used to achieve this look:

Marley braiding hair, bobby pins, a hair tie, and a few small rubber bands.

I start by putting my two strand twists in a high ponytail. If your hair is shorter, you may have to secure some of the twist with bobby pins to keep the hair in place. I use about 2/3 of the package of Marley Braid Hair. I attach the hair to the ponytail with a rubber band and twist it in one big twist. I tie a rubber band at the end to keep it together. I wrap the twist around the ponytail and secure the bun by putting bobby pins all around. Here is the finished product:



You can also make the ponytail a little lower for a more sophisticated look.



T-shirt trick.

Have a long sleeve tee? Put over your head and wrap into a low bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment